Thursday, December 2, 2010

Growth Chart

Samuel weighs 14 lbs 7oz. That puts him at the 25 percentile for his adjusted age. I can't remember his exact head circumference but I do remember that he was in the 50th percentile. He is 24.5 inches long - which unfortunately means that he is too short to be plotted on the chart at all. For his length, he is in the 90th percentile for his weight. Chunky!
.
So what does this mean to me? It means that Samuel is beginning to catch up. It means that he has a big head (hehe. Which is GREAT....LOTS of brain development going on up there.) His short length also may explain why he isn't meeting some milestones as perfectly on time as I would like. Can you imagine having to lift up that big head when you have very little length to act as an anchor? I'm now thankful for how much he IS doing. I just hope he has a growth spurt soon. The nurse told me on Monday that the medicines they give babies with respiratory issues can stunt growth. He'll get there eventually. Sure, Michael and I aren't tall (we are both at about the 65th percentile for height) but I think Samuel has a chance of being tall since we both have tall families.
.

He's still too short for his jumperoo.

PS - Michael wants me to put on here that I'm being too hard on Samuel's milestones anyway....that babies don't sit until they are 6 mo. usually and that he isn't really behind on any of the others milestones either. It's true. Maybe I just want him to EXCEL!

No comments:

Post a Comment