Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving, Eating, and a Parade

Hello there long lost blog friends.  It's been a while...things here are good.  I don't know where the days have gone...it's hard to believe that it is already December!

Thanksgiving was great.  Samuel added at least ten more words to his ever-increasing vocabulary (bringing the grand total up to somewhere around 40 spontaneous words!)  He is such a social little man - he loved being around so many people, which as you know, isn't something he gets to do often.  I just wish I had gotten some pictures!

Unfortunately, all of the traveling and change of routine has caused another eating strike.  Purees are met with gagging and table food is frequently thrown across the room.  I'd forgotten how stressful this is!!!  I hate to see him regressing with eating...especially after we've made so much progress over the last two months.  Hopefully he'll settle back into his routine soon.  Thank goodness we have continued the bottles of Pediasure, because right now, that's where he's getting the bulk of his calories.  It's ironic that Samuel initially began his eating strikes during Thanksgiving last year

This weekend we watched the Bentonville Christmas parade.  It was windy and cold, but we made the best of it and had a good time watching all of the people.  Thankfully, the rain held off until the last float had passed us!

Waving and saying, "Hi!"

"WOW!"

He was far more interested in the Gator parked behind us than the parade itself.  He kept saying, "TRACTOR!"


Fun, fun, fun!


Walking home...look at that sleepy face.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad he got to see the parade and can't wait to see him again. I am so sorry about the return of the eating problem!! I wish I had some words of advice...but I WILL be praying it ends soon! Love and miss you all so much. Many hugs.....Joey

    ReplyDelete