Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Sitting Champ

Let's get the medical stuff out of the way so we can talk about something fun!  I took Samuel to the doctor today and he seems to have a lot of upper airway congestion.  The good news is that it's not in his lungs.  We've just got to keep a close eye on him for the next few days.  I also had the doctor look at Samuel's hydroceles.  He seemed to think that they were larger because of his cold (coughing and such making them worse?)  If they don't go back to how they were in the next couple of weeks, we may be looking at surgery a little sooner than expected.  ::sigh::  At least his hernia hasn't returned.

Now on to the fun stuff....

This kid is a sitting champion!  He's reaching for everything and can stay perfectly planted on his bottom while he STREEETCHES to reach a toy.  He is also balanced while waving or banging toys around.  It's really nice to be able to sit him up with a bunch of toys around him and WALK AWAY for a minute.  I'm so happy that his core muscles seem to be strong.  To think someone once told me that his trunk muscles seemed a bit weak!  Ha!

Samuel's also taken to diving for things while we carry him around.  There has been a time or two that he's eagerly tried to get something and nearly dove out of my hands.  I just wish he was motivated enough to try reaching for things while on his belly....or motivated enough to MOVE somewhere.  I'm trying to be patient...I really am.  I know he's strong enough to roll from back to front - but the kid has ZERO motivation to be on his belly.  So why roll right?  My goal is for him to be rolling and crawling by the middle of March....


We have a lot of appointments next week.....eye doctor, pulmonologist, nurses, and so on.  It's going to be a busy week!

2 comments:

  1. He is so happy!!! Love the pictures. I'll be keeping you in prayers as you go through your busy week, next week. Weather report says more snow possible on Wed. Be careful!! Give that sweet boy a big hug and keep one for yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's doing so well! Good luck with the weather.

    ReplyDelete