Samuel's blood pressure is alarmingly low. They have increased his blood pressure medicine and have given him blood to help. It has come up a little but not enough. Until his blood pressure is better, his kidneys won't work. If his blood pressure doesn't come up soon they will give him another medicine.
This morning his lungs looked overexpanded. The doctors made the decision to decrease one of his ventilator settings to help, but Samuel didn't respond to it well. We are back up on the oxygen and that ventilator setting that they messed with.
The doctors did mention that the 24 hours following surgery can be pretty tough. Hoping that Samuel will do better than they expect.
Thanks so much to everyone who made connections to find someplace for us to stay here in LR. We have been staying in the Ronald McDonald house just across from the hospital. Although it isn't an ideal situation, it is ok for us right now since Samuel is so unstable. Hopefully by the end of this month, things will be better and we can find a more private place to stay. Again thank you for your offers to help!