Saturday, September 22, 2012

We're Having A...

I've known for a long time that if we were ever blessed with another pregnancy, we would celebrate each step along the way.  We missed out on so many fun milestones when I was pregnant with Samuel simply because we thought we had plenty of time to celebrate them!  Of course we expect this pregnancy to be much longer, but we still feel it's important to make the most of each day.

That's why, after two different ultrasound technicians felt confident that they could identify the gender a little earlier than the typical 20 weeks (I'm 17 weeks along), we asked them to write down their finds...without telling us what they saw!  And we got busy planning our first gender reveal party!




With a great deal of help from my mom, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law, our dessert table turned out cute.  The cupcake toppers were pink bows for the girl side and mustaches for the boy side.  We also had chocolate dipped pretzels, M&M cookies, chocolate covered graham crackers (which were so pretty!), and a variety of pink and blue candy.  For lunch we served pizza.


We asked our guests to wear pink or blue to represent their guess for the baby's gender.  About 60% of our guests wore blue, 30% wore pink, and the other 10% wore both colors (cheaters!)  I wore blue - mostly because I felt that if the ultrasound techs were so confident, it must be a boy.  Michael wore pink - he's been claiming it's a girl from the very beginning.

Like most gender reveal parties, we did the balloons-in-a-box reveal.  We debated many other ways to divulge our big news: confetti poppers, fireworks, silly string, paint ball guns (um...can you say Arkansas?), etc...but eventually decided that the balloons were the easiest to accomplish without either of us finding out the gender beforehand!  We decorated our box, took it to Walmart, and did a lot of explaining.  We had to clarify several times that we did NOT want to know what color balloons they put in the box; we simply wanted them to look in the envelope, read the gender, and then match the balloons accordingly.  Thankfully, they did a good job and sealed the box with a lot of tape so neither of us could cheat before the big reveal!


And now, without further ado...



We're.

Having.

A...





GIRL!!!!  (Unless something changes of course....lol!)

14 comments:

  1. Perfect!!!! A girl and a boy!!!! I am so very happy for you!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I have been waiting for this post all day. ;-) I am so happy for you. Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness!!! I can't wait to send you something PINK in the mail! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Girls are so fun- especially to shop for. This looked like so much fun. What a fun way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! sounds like a great party! wishing you a very long pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooo happy for you guys!!! Great way to reveal!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has literally made me tear up..... I am soooooo excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! My oldest (now seven) started asking for a little sister as soon as he learned how to say it lol When our second was a boy, he was so disappointed (it didn't take too long for him to think a brother was fun but he told me the next had better be a sister....). He insisted on going to the ultrasound with my third and he was so excited when the tech announced he was getting the sister he wanted :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! You will love having a boy and a girl. :) I love all the cute details of your party. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray!! Congratulations!! What a fun post to read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for you! Praying for a long, boring, easy pregnancy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute idea! Congratulations!! I'm so happy that it's a girl. :) Really hope this pregnancy will be as healthy as can be. It is a real blessing to experience the full package. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome news Im so happy for you guys!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have NO IDEA how I missed this amazing news! I simply LOVE girls! Congratulations! Praying everyday for you!

    ReplyDelete