Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rough Night

Samuel didn't have a good night last night. I got a phone call this morning around 4:30 saying that some air had leaked out of his left lung and into his chest. The doctors had to put in another tube - this time into his chest. According to the x-ray, most of the air is gone, and it seems to have relieved that lung of a lot of pressure. The doctors are watching the right lung because apparently the PIE has shown itself again. His oxygen is up the highest it's ever been and the ventilator settings are up high too. We don't know anything yet about everything else - the doctors will be making their rounds soon.

We continue to believe that God has a plan for Samuel and that all of this is happening for a reason. Sometimes it's hard to see and believe when things seem to be getting worse each day, but each time I feel like I'm just about to give up hope, God shows us how much he loves us.

Yesterday afternoon I was feeling so very discouraged. There is a little room that I use a lot - in the room there are little lock boxes. I had been in earlier in the morning and didn't notice anything unusual. I came in later and looked at my box, and there was an envelope attached to it with tape. In the envelope there was a note and some money. The note said that the money was for food and lodging - and that whoever wrote the note was praying for Samuel and strength for us. After reading the note, I sat down on the floor and cried. I was overwhelmed by the amazing timing of God's grace. It wasn't about the money....right now, all I want is for Samuel to be better....but it was a good reminder that God's hand is in everything. I still don't know who could have possibly left the envelope. We don't know anyone here at Children's.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys right now. Keep us posted.

    Love,
    Matt and Christie Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart hurts! But I am trying to turn my worry into prayer. Remind little Samuel of the deal he made with me....To be nice and big and healthy next time I see him. He promised! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the update, we are praying. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *HUG!* Love you! I'm still praying and praying for you, Michael, and Samuel. Please let me know if you need anything!

    Isaiah 41:
    9 I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you.

    10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

    13 For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of and Praying for you guys! We miss you!

    Abby and Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are praying for all of you! You are in our hearts Little Samuel and in God's Hands!

    ReplyDelete